Wednesday 10 February 2010

Context map




I chose a sculpture as my object that is located in the Soho Square. My project aims to create a multiple perspective landscape that is made up by different directions of perspective. I got this idea from the Cubism.

In cubist artworks, objects are broken up, analyzed, and re-assembled in an abstracted form—instead of depicting objects from one viewpoint, the artist depicts the subject from a multitude of viewpoints to represent the subject in a greater context. Often the surfaces intersect at seemingly random angles, removing a coherent sense of depth. The background and object planes interpenetrate one another to create the shallow ambiguous space, one of cubism's distinct characteristics.

I took photos for that sculpture from different directions because I want to use this sculpture as my stuff to detach seeing from different direction. It's a metaphor of stuff in the real world. After that I resembled these photos that took from different directions together. And it got a kind of new construction in one direction.

This is something I did by now. Next step, I am planning to use some materials to detach the perspective and having some experiments to create stuff to see the perspective space.


1 comment:

  1. I love your work. Where do you get your ideas on what to analyze? Are they school projects or just your own inspiration?

    ReplyDelete